Our Cayman based team assists clients with the establishment and licensing of captives, insurers, reinsurers and insurance segregated portfolio companies, as well as advice in relation to alternative risk transfer products including ILS transactions. We also offer specific expertise in relation to commercial reinsurance.
In addition to acting as external counsel to insurance and reinsurance companies in strategic transactions and market strategies, Harneys’ Cayman lawyers have acted as in-house counsel to major offshore insurance/reinsurance companies.
We are results-focused and understand the investment and product sides of our insurance clients, the regulatory environment in which they operate and the nature of their businesses.
Our insurance services include:
- Set-up and licensing of insurance managers, insurance brokers and insurance agents
- Establishment and licensing of captives, insurers, reinsurers and segregated portfolio companies
- Ongoing regulatory, corporate governance and compliance advice
- Assistance with mergers and acquisitions, stock exchange listings, segregated portfolio transfers, run-offs and liquidations in Cayman
- Advice with respect to alternative risk transfer products such as insurance linked securities, catastrophe bonds and sidecars
Our dynamic Cayman law firm has expanded significantly since its launch in 2008 and today consists of nearly 22 lawyers including 11 partners. This team of professionals, many of whom are from top international law firms and finance centres, serves a...Read More
Our insurance practice group provides highly responsive and cost effective advice with respect to a broad range of insurance-related entities and services.Read More